05 December 2008

Turkey Day Recap!


Turkey Day is a huge deal in the US of A. More people travel for Thanksgiving than for Christmas. It's a time for food, fun, shopping (as long as it's not at Wal Mart) and family, so when you can't get home (like this year) you've got to do all you can to recreate as many elements of the holiday as possible (except for Wal Mart).


Fortunately, I have a marvelous friend on this side of the pond who is in the middle of attending chef school (as well as being a lawyer, professor, consultant, etc) and just so happened to be having a small soiree at his place to celebrate. Boy did we celebrate! He worked tirelessly in a London-size kitchen to treat us to Sage and Basil-infused Turkey, Brown Sugar glazed Sweet Potatoes, brussel sprouts with prosciutto and walnuts, stuffing, gravy (which he simmered on the stove - AMAZING!), cranberry sauce, home-made pumpkin pie and home-made cinnamon ice cream. No, I'm not making that up. We capped the night off by watching the Dallas Cowboys cream the Seattle Seahawks on Sky Sports. My Dad would have been so proud!





And what inspired such a grand meal? "I can't have your Mom angry with me for not providing a proper Thanksgiving supper!" So then, I guess a thank you is due for my Mom, or at least the threat of my Mom's wrath. Either way, I had an amazing meal!

And of course, the annual photo of me head-over-heels in love with my Pumpkin Pie!



--

Kyle Taylor

No comments: