08 January 2008

Real Change Takes Real Passion & Real Experience

Ok, so I'm not holding back anymore. I'm a full-blown Hillary supporter, and I didn't come to this decision lightly. I courted Obama, had a brief stint with Edwards, thought Biden was brilliant but not electable (why, I have no idea - too smart, probably - who wants an intelligent president, right?) and went back and forth to Hillary throughout. At the end of the day it came down to Hillary and Obama (Edwards was just too angry for me).

Then the word "change" entered the debate and somehow, Barrack Obama (and to some extend John Edwards) bogarted that word, pinning Hillary as the candidate of "experience" then making a pathetic if not desperate case as to how experience and change were mutually exclusive. Quite frankly, I don't believe they are, and I'm sick and tired of pundit after pundit pinning these two political buzz words - change and experience - against one another. The fact is, being able to create change requires experience and no one at the top can offer more than Hillary Rodham Clinton. What's odd is that almost everyone seems to agree that she has the most experience, they just say they're "ready for change."

At the end of the day, the policies of all the top Democrats are roughly the same (come on, be real, it's true) so that said, don't you want the person who is most capable of getting something done? You can't change a system you don't understand. You can't simply shout "change" from a soapbox and think it's going to happen. Creating change takes hard work, experience, knowledge, commitment and passion. I work with young people everyday, all around the world who are doing a whole lot more to create change than most of these candidates could ever dream of doing.

I don't doubt that Senator Obama will - in 8 years - be the best this nation has to offer but right now, at this, the most trying of times I can remember, I don't want to fiddle around with someone just because he talks and talks about change. I want to a President who knows what the heck they're doing! I mean, look what happened last time - we elected a guy that lots of people said they wanted to have a beer with. I'd rather skip the beer and get right to, oh, I don't know, equal rights, health care reform, ending the war and restoring the "can-do" spirit of America.

For anyone who thinks Hillary doesn't have that drive inside her, watch this clip. See her passion. Change takes a whole lot more than just talk. You've gotta act. Vote for the one candidate who really knows what she's doing.



The link, in case it doesn't embed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl-W3IXRTHU&feature=related

No comments: