11 February 2009

My Mom Is Awesome


My hair is long. Really, really long. The longest it has been in five years. I am beginning to resent it. My Mom, however, LOVES IT. So I emailed her and explained my predicament, asking for three reasons why I should keep it. Her reply:

Hahahahahahaah! You are so funny I can't stand it! Well....you look great with hair (it is such nice hair). It balances out your head having hair. And, let's see......hair makes a person look finished. I always think people with really short or no hair are missing something. Also, hair keeps your head warm. Maybe you just need a better cut. Maybe shorter, just not shaved. I will still love you no matter what. If you really need to get rid of it I understand.

Love,
Me


Favorite parts:

1. "(it is such nice hair)." In brackets, as if a wispy aside.
2. "I always think people with really short or no hair are missing something." Indeed mother, they are. Hair!
3. I'm fairly certain she implied that my head is unbalanced.

Ain't she the best?

No verdict yet on what I'm going to do, but it's good to know my Mom will love me no matter what.

--

Kyle Taylor

No comments: