27 January 2014

The Best 7 Minutes Of Your Day




Let's start with me admitting I was a blubbering mess watching this, but so was Keith Urban and half the audience.  I can make logical arguments as to why this was extremely significant for the gay rights movement - a rapper, with a global reach and international audience, gave his airtime to use contemporary music as a vehicle for change, nothing about it seemed token, it wasn't over the top, etc. etc. - but it's mostly that watching it gave me this feeling we're going to win.  There is no turning back now.  Change has come.  I rarely think mainstream art leads.  Instead, I usually find when it's picked up in the mainstream, we have arrived.  Okay, I'm off to re-watch it 500 times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your
blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed
account your weblog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing in your
augment and even I success you get entry to constantly quickly.


Here is my site repo cars for sale in panama city florida (cziu.info)

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD, the Roamin' Cat said...

Dude, your blog title is difficult to read. Why don't you highlight it or sumtin. Just a suggestion in how you could brighten-up the world in your lil' corner of the universe --- Here's mine. God bless you. Meet me Upstairs in Seventh-Heaven. We gotta lotta tok about.