23 January 2009

What I Missed In London...

So apparently things got a little cra-zay at LSE while I was attending the inauguration. I got back to find an email from the Student Union that reads as follows:

Good campus relations

(Blah Blah Blah, Ok, that's good.)

Upcoming protests

(Blah Blah Blah, Ok, people protest a lot here. Same as American University.)

Occupation of the Old Theatre

As you may already be aware, the Old Theatre is currently being occupied by students from Palestine Society. Their demands can be read here. The Students’ Union is mediating between the protestors and the School. Howard Davies has issued a response, which can be read here. The Students’ Union defends the right of students to protest peacefully.

WHAT?!?! A student group is "occupying" a classroom? That puts AU to shame! I'm not going to comment on the issue itself, beyond acknowledging that I was quite surprised to find this note in my inbox. If you're interested, here is a link to the entire dialogue that occurred. The occupation of the Old Theatre is now, as far as I know, over.

Man, what a week!

--

Kyle Taylor

No comments: